- SkypeUG User Group in Austin While there are many chapters under the SkypeUG umbrella that have set meeting dates for Q1, I am linking to my own chapter, the Austin chapter. If you are not already signed up, go for it! If you are in another city with its own chapter, register on that city's respective page. http://www.skypeug.com/events/austin-winter-2017/
- Partner Training for January The following link has a lot of resources for Partner training in the Skype for Business world. Most of the Sales and Technical instructor-led training classes are already past, but there are plenty of on-demand resources to take advantage of: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uspartner_learning/2016/12/19/skype-for-business-partner-training-schedule-winter-2017/
- Skype Operations Framework Quality User Experience A new SoF module was launched last week, and this one centers all around Quality, with a lot of training and focus on CQD: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-Operations-Framework-Skype/SOF-Quality-User-Experience-Release-Launch-Jan-16th-2017/ba-p/39437
- Avaya Bankruptcy There have been all kinds of articles and blog posts on the topic of the Avaya Bankruptcy, but the following is a snippet with key details from fortune.com: http://fortune.com/2017/01/19/avaya-bankruptcy/
- Lync Server 2013 January CU: E911 Fix There were not huge amounts of things to focus on with January's Lync Server 2013 CU, but a fix to a troubling E911 issue that was introduced in the November 2016 CU was implemented. Just may be worth your time: https://ucmart.uk/2017/01/20/lync-server-2013-january-2017-cu-emergency-calls-fix/
If you would rather watch the episode at my YouTube channel instead of in the window above, check it out here: https://youtu.be/CdZisP0eHM0
Stay Techy, My Friends!